Attorney John H. Goolsby has been representing Minnesota consumers in Fair Credit Reporting Act cases for over twelve years. After several years of representing consumers in many different kinds of cases, John began in 2007 to focus his practice almost exclusively on lawsuits for consumers with false information on their credit reports or other kinds of consumer reports, such as tenant screening or employment background reports. John is a frequent national speaker on the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
John H. Goolsby graduated cum laude from the University of Minnesota Law School in 2002 and was editor in chief of the law school’s journal Law & Inequality. He has a Bachelor of Arts degree from Grinnell College, with a music major.
In his free time, John enjoys family time, camping, and playing bluegrass guitar.
Publications and Presentations:
- Speaker and member of conference organizing committee, National Association of Consumer Advocates Fair Credit Reporting Act Conference, May 1-3, 2015
- Speaker, Minnesota State Bar Association Debtor & Creditor Conference, October 3, 2013
- Speaker, National Association of Consumer Advocates Fair Credit Reporting Act Conference, Austin, TX, May 30-31, 2013
- Speaker, National Association of Consumer Advocates Fair Credit Reporting Act Conference, Memphis, TN, May 20-22, 2011
- Speaker, National Association of Consumer Advocates Fair Credit Reporting Act Conference, Chicago, IL, May 8-10, 2009
- When is credit reporting unfair? or Does my client have a good claim under 15 U.S.C. § 1681e(b) of the Fair Credit Reporting Act?, LRP Publications (2006)
- Is the Garment Industry Trying to Pull the Wool Over Your Eyes? The Need for Open Communication to Promote Labor Rights in China, 19 Law & Ineq. 193 (2001)
Nothing on this website should be construed as legal advice or the creation of an attorney-client relationship.
There is no substitute for an individual consultation with a qualified attorney.
Copyright © John H. Goolsby, Goolsby Law Office, LLC. All rights reserved.